Purple Dot Shopify App: Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions
Thank you for choosing Purple Dot as your pre-order partner! We’re committed to providing you with a trusted, transparent, and high-converting pre-order experience for your customers. These Terms and Conditions outline the responsibilities for our users who download the Purple Dot App from the Shopify App Store.
To provide a premium pre-order experience, we have a responsibility to ensure all merchants who use our App and Services are acting in good faith and that Purple Dot can continue to be the symbol of trust for shoppers. By abiding by the Terms and Conditions outlined in this Agreement, you are helping create a legally compliant and trusted environment for pre-order purchases.
- These Terms and Conditions ("Agreement") govern your use of our Shopify app ("App") and the services we provide to you ("Services"). By using our App and Services, you agree to be bound by this Agreement.
- We grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to use our App and Services for the purpose of integrating and using our App within your Shopify store.
- All intellectual property rights in our App and Services, including without limitation, copyrights, trademarks, and patents, are our property. You agree not to copy, modify, distribute, or create derivative works based on our App and Services without our prior written consent.
- We may charge you a subscription fee or a per-order fee made through our App, which may vary depending on the plan you select. You agree to pay all applicable fees.
App Requirements & Obligations
- To use our App and Services, you agree to display all pre-order elements as provided by our App to keep customers informed about the pre-order process. This includes displaying the estimated shipping dates, when the customer will be charged, Waitlist powered by Purple Dot, and the Learn More hyperlink, by the pre-order button as intended by the App. These elements cannot be edited or modified in any way without prior written approval by us which can be obtained by emailing email@example.com. If we deem you are in breach of this clause, we will notify you via the contact email you provided in our App. If not rectified within 30 days of this notification email, this may result in the immediate termination of your use of our App and Services.
Bad Actor Provisions
- To use our App and Services, you agree to use the App in good faith and will not, intentionally or unintentionally, bypass customer safety features provided within our App by engaging in prohibited activities. Such prohibited activities include, but are not limited to, intentionally providing false or misleading shipping date estimates for pre-orders, prematurely charging customers before fulfilling their orders, or engaging in any other fraudulent or deceptive practices.
Warranties and Disclaimers
- We make no warranties or representations regarding our App and Services, and we expressly disclaim all warranties, whether express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We shall not be liable for any damages arising out of your use of our App and Services.
Limitation of Liability
- Our liability to you for any damages arising out of this Agreement shall be limited only to Global or Enterprise package plan merchants only, and limited to the amount paid by you for our App and Services. For Free or Standard package plan merchants, please refer to clause 8.
- We reserve the right to terminate your use of our App and Services immediately if you breach any material term of this Agreement, including but not limited to Clause 5 (App Requirements or Obligations) or Clause 6 (Bad Actor Provisions). We may also take legal action against you if you engage in any prohibited activities, as outlined in Clause 6.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- This Agreement and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or its subject matter or formation.
- We may amend this Agreement from time to time by posting the updated Agreement on our website. Your continued use of our App and Services following any such changes shall constitute your acceptance of the updated Agreement.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between us with respect to our App and Services, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between us.